Sunday, March 7, 2010

Miracles do happen!

I wish I brought my plug to download pictures of our new baby. But I promise I will when we get home. Parker is the smallest baby we have had, but boy is sure a cutie.
Parker is such a Miracle, what a blessing it has been to have wonderful Dr.'s that took such great care of us before he was born, even though the visits were getting somewhat draining. I will forever be grateful for the Extra mile they went to make sure he made it. This was my first C-section and it went super fast, I hated being numb, but it was nice to have someone else do the work for me lol! When he came out, Chris ran over to me after they cleaned him up and his eyes just lit up and said hon, he is SO CUTE! SO SO SO CUTE! He was super excited and I can't thank him enough for all the love and support he gave me during the surgery and after. I couldn't have asked for a better husband.
Parker does have the anti bodi C but is not anemic. He fortuntaly did not have to go to the NICU but is at the nursery under 3 lights that is to help flush out my blood that is killing his red blood cells. Every day he is progressing and getting better. Our first night here was rough, the nurses were under staffed and I was a little neglected and didn't recieve the care I needed so it took me a little longer to recover, but we do have it all under contorl now. I didn't get to see parker for the longest time after he was born I thought they were going to let me nurse him, but it was to crucil he didn't get out of the lights. I was uninformed for the longest time so I was very anxious as to what was happening.
When parker would eat from a bottle he somehow forgetst to breath and his oxygen would go way down and he would go blue. He had to be on oxygen for awhile espeically while he was being fed, but when he nursed he had no problems. So to make a long story short, nursing has been a huge blessing otherwise he would not be able to eat without oxygen near by. He is getting better at feedings and is having a lot of poops and wet diapers.
He favors one side more than the other but we figured out some tricks to help with that. I love feeding him every 3 hours and then I get him for 1 hour. I hate giving him back but thank my Heavenly Father every second he is alive and that I can feed him and hold him. Finally all of our questions have been answered. The best part is, is that he gets to come home when we leave. We have to stay one extra day longer to help his billy rubin come down and he does have to come home in a billy rubin bed, but he gets to come home.
I love him so much. I am truly thankful for this Gospel that has given us the strength and hope we needed to get through this. Well that is it for now, I better get some sleep, but when we get home I will post pictures. Love all of you and appreciate all the support and love you have shown us.

9 comments:

Julie said...

We couldn't be happier for you...it's so wonderful to see the evidence of our Heavenly Father's goodness..Congratulations on your little miracle.

Evette Mendisabal said...

Congratulations Heather and Chris. We're so excited for you guys,

Bryn said...

I've been waiting for this post. I've been thinking about you and your baby and wondering how things were. I'm glad to hear that things are okay. Congratulations, I hope he comes home soon!!

Brian and Amelia said...

I'm so happy for you guys! Can't wait to see pictures! We'll pray that everything continues to go well for your family!

Andrea said...

Yay! I love the title of your post because it is so true, and your family is such a great example of strength and reliance on the Lord through the hard times. Now hurry up and recover so I can bring my gaggle down to see you!

The Byrd's said...

Congrats!!! I'm so happy to hear things are good!!

Mel said...

Congrats!!! Its great that you're able to breastfeed and having him stay the extra day. I had a c-section with my last too and it was hard but just remember to take it slow. Wishing you guys the best!!!!!

Jill Bowcutt said...

Holy cow! I was nervous through this entire post! I'm so happy things are going well and I hope you and your sweet baby continue to recover. I can't wait to see pictures and hear the details. How scary that must be for you guys to go through this. I love his name. It's one of my personal favorites :) We just found out we are moving to Texas in a few weeks. I would love to see you guys and meet your new baby. I also need to get you your stuff back! Let me know when you are back up and running or I will just call you before we leave. Take care, and congrats!

bevany said...

I'm so happy for you Heather. I hope things are still going well.