Sunday, March 1, 2009

little prayers

I just felt like sharing how sweet kaden's prayer was the other night. Some days I wonder if I am the best mom I can be to my boys and I try and teach them what is right and how to say their prayers, I know I should never question what kind of mother I am I guess I just worry I am not doing enough.
The other night I must of just been a little more emotional then normal but when I asked kaden if he was ready to say his prayers he said yes mommy, then he said: mommy I need help, ok I said, but then he just started and kept going and said the sweetest prayer I heared him say, he did it all by himself and thanked heavenly father for the gospel and to help him choose the right, durning his prayer I just cried because of how sweet little children can be and the spirit they bring in to our lives.
Thank you kaden for that sweet prayer and bringing the spirit into our home. I love you!

5 comments:

Andrea said...

That is so sweet, unlike the prayers around here sometimes. For example, the other night my nephew Kaleb said, "Thank you that I wasn't playing on the bed, but I got in trouble anyway, but I had a good attitude."

Brian and Amelia said...

What a sweetheart. It's amazing how these little ones can be such a HUGE example and reminder to us of everything that is important. And you are a WONDERFUL mother. I know how you feel, but don't ever forget that. I hope that sweet little prayer reminds you of that!

Steph said...

I love that! You are doing a great job...the boys are lucky to have such a great mom!!

Bryn said...

How sweet is that, I love to hear my girls pray as well. I think we all get emotional sometimes and wonder if were doing a good job parenting, if youre teaching your little ones to pray at all your doing great. I'd love to see you sometime, my life has been crazy but is going to calm down, so let's plan a day.

Evette Mendisabal said...

That is so sweet Heather. It is so fun listening to a child's prayer, they are so innocent.