SCREAM FREE PARENTING
The Revolutionary Approach to Raising your kids,by keeping your cool
by Hal Edward Runkel
The Revolutionary Approach to Raising your kids,by keeping your cool
by Hal Edward Runkel
I just wanted to share this great book I found(well my husband did). It has become my bible (lol) I don't know about you but i read so many books on parenting and they all are the same. They try and tell you why your child is acting this way or what to do when they do this etc... never helped me really because every kid is so different and every situation is different.
This book is awesome because it focus's on the parents.... It helps you understand yourself and how to react in certain situations with your kids.... I have learned that if i take a step back to calm down before i react to my kids when they are upset things end up so much better then when i get so upset and snap at my kids when they are yelling and screaming at me ( which is most of the time) but i am really trying and when i do life is so much better....
Here is a little about the book written by the author:
A personal, accessible, practical parenting book that's not about kids. ITS ABOUT THEIR PARENTS...
If your're not in CONTORL, Then you can't be in CHARGE
What every kid really needs are parents who are able to keep their cool no matter what.
It comes down to integrity- meaning what you say,saying what you mean, and following through with what you promise.
Parents set the table, by setting the tone
Growing up is hard to do, espeicallly for grown ups...
Anyways this book is awsome and if you are looking for a good book to read, read this one it is the BEST.... Let me know if anyone has read this or is going to read this i would love to hear your thoughts on it.
This book is awesome because it focus's on the parents.... It helps you understand yourself and how to react in certain situations with your kids.... I have learned that if i take a step back to calm down before i react to my kids when they are upset things end up so much better then when i get so upset and snap at my kids when they are yelling and screaming at me ( which is most of the time) but i am really trying and when i do life is so much better....
Here is a little about the book written by the author:
A personal, accessible, practical parenting book that's not about kids. ITS ABOUT THEIR PARENTS...
If your're not in CONTORL, Then you can't be in CHARGE
What every kid really needs are parents who are able to keep their cool no matter what.
It comes down to integrity- meaning what you say,saying what you mean, and following through with what you promise.
Parents set the table, by setting the tone
Growing up is hard to do, espeicallly for grown ups...
Anyways this book is awsome and if you are looking for a good book to read, read this one it is the BEST.... Let me know if anyone has read this or is going to read this i would love to hear your thoughts on it.
2 comments:
Thanks for the tip! Do you own this book or did you get it from the library? If you own it, could I borrow it for a couple days? Sorry to hear your hubby and kids have been sick!
I should totally read this. I swear I feel like I'm screaming at my kids all day.
Post a Comment