

For the longest time I have wanted to learn how to swim like the pro's, I know how to swim, But one day I was going to learn how to lap swim the right way. My neighbors sweet daughter offered to teach me, so this Saturday we got up at 6am and headed to the pool. I even wore the cap and goggles(which was quite funny, and chris got a good laugh at me):) but I am learning and I loved every minute of it and can't wait to get doing it more.
As mothers we give up so much for our children which is great, we just sometimes forget about US and the things we like to do and things we want to learn, My mother is such an example to me, marring my first dad was hard on her, she was always alone taking care of 5 children never getting to do anything for her.... Marring my step dad was the best thing for her, he supports her in learning new things for example: she tap dances, plays the piano, quilts, they travel all over the world, my mother at 60 years old went SKY DIVING, the list goes on. It is never to late and we are never to old. My neighbor is is in her 40's and has done a marathon for the first time last year and now is training for a triathlon, SHE IS AMAZING!
We need to enjoy life no matter how hard things may be. I have learned to stop wishing and waiting and to do JUST DO IT, I have learned in my life things won't come if I don't at least try. I want to try and I may not be good at it but after my first swim at least making it down and back without dying (lol) I felt such an accomplishment I havn't felt in a long time. A lot of you inspire me too, you all are such great mom's and wifes and do the neatest things thanks for example and inspiration...
Of course with kids it's not easy, but if there is a WILL there is a WAY.... If anyone would like to come with me and learn too I would love it or if you are a swimmer and want to give me tips I would love that too. What kind of hobbies do you have I would enjoy hearing about them?
4 comments:
Thanks for sharing. I totally agree that it is important for us moms to keep doing the things that make us, well, us. I firmly believe that it makes us better wives and mothers. I'm glad you had a good time.
Sounds like you had a great time. I know how important it is to still feel like you are doing things for you. I really would like to learn how to play the piano. That is a goal of mine. Sometime before I die I would like to learn how to play! Keep up the great work with swimming.
Good for you! We all need time out from the stresses of live! I'm glad you found the time to swim ... it's one of my favourite things to do.
PS I still read your blog too ... don't stop blogging.
I've always wanted to be a swimmer too. I'm good at the back stroke, but can't ever seem to swim a straight line. Fun for you to learn something new!
Post a Comment