Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Baby Update

Off to the hospital at 8:30 am not really knowing what to expect. Grandpa mertz so kindly came over and watched the boys which they loved. Knowing they were all taken care of, off chris and I went. When they started the ultrasound it was so fun to see how big the baby has gotten and that its heartbeat was still looking and sounding great. At each visit they check the blood flowage to the brain, the faster it is going the more the baby is losing oxygen to the brain, the slower it is going, the better the baby is doing. Today the baby is doing great the blood is slow and everything seems to be functioning properly. Each time I go in determines how often I have to go back, this time I don't have to go back for 3 weeks! which is great news:)
With all that being said we were able to find out what we were having and I know I didn't want to, but with all the things that could go wrong I really wanted to know what it was, so we are having another BOY! I wanted to say it took us by surprise, but it didn't I really felt all along that we were having a boy, which is okay. I love boys.... I was more upset finding out connor was a boy than finding out this one was a boy, I am just grateful this little miracle is still alive and doing good so I am ok with not having a girl... (for now)
Chris was pretty sad but grateful the boy was well! He said to me that he was ready for a girl which was sweet and sad at the same time, not that a boy is disappointing but when you already have two you just hope for that little girl...
As we were sitting there, chris said well hon I guess we will just have to try again! That is when the fear struck! Ok if this was a girl then I could be done and not have to face this all over again... Not to mention I will be 31 when he comes.... With each pregnancy this situation gets worse with each baby so do I really want to face this again? I guess YES just to try one more time for a girl, I know I don't have to worry about that for atleast 2 years, but it will always be in the back of my mind having to do this again. And maybe the Lord will only bless us with boys and that is okay it is a true blessing to be able to have babies. I love kaden and connor so much espeically their little naked bummies just running around the house getting into everything.
It is a true blessing this little boy is doing good right now, thank you all for you prayers and comfort it means a lot. I will keep updated.... Love you all

p.s ( As you can see I named him cooper on the side of this blog, we haven't really picked a name yet, but I am really feeling like this is a little cooper! so I just named him that for now,lol I know i am a dork)

13 comments:

Anna said...

yay!!! Congratulations!!! I love the name Cooper, if that is what you choose of course! And like I said on facebook, I know some cute girls for your boys...in a few years of course! :) I am so glad to hear he is doing well!!

Mel said...

Congrats!!!! Cooper is a great name!

Steph said...

Yahoo!! I am so excited!! I am also so glad that everything is okay so far!

Steph said...

ps...love the name cooper!!

The Byrd's said...

congrats on the little guy!! Love the name...give me a call sometime. Miss ya and love ya

Tyson and Christy said...

I'm so happy everything is going well for you and the baby. I will keep praying for you. I love the name Cooper, and he will the cutest little guy! You guys have really cute kids. What do you mean that he is coming at 31 weeks?

Bryn said...

yay for boys! At least you can make boys, I don't think I can. I'm glad to hear things are going alright so far, hopefully they stay that way! Aunt T looks just like you, I really thought it was you with red hair.

Andrea said...

I am so glad everything is okay so far, and we'll keep praying for it to stay that way. Congrats on staying in the all boy club!

Brian and Amelia said...

I am so happy that everything is going well! And SO excited you are having another boy!

bevany said...

Yay! I'm glad things are going well. Beckham was almost Cooper. The girls called him Cooper for like two months after he was born because they loved it. They're determined that our next boy will be named Cooper. Funny.

Am-Biance said...

You are in our prayers Heather,we miss ya! Glad that everything is looking good so far...yea, another MERTZ BOY!! Bring 'em on baby :)haha, love ya girl~

Jake and Sharee said...

Congrats on another boy!!! I really like the name Cooper. I am so happy everything is going good.

Suzy said...

Awww Congrats on your 3rd boy! I'm glad to hear he is doing well!