Thursday, October 22, 2009

A day we wait


I can't help but write a few words expressing to my mom how much I love her! Today is a day that we sit and wait while my mother is in a 6 hour surgery for breast cancer. Knowing I can't be there has been really hard. My mother has been such a healthy women. As a mother when your children are sick or you know something is not right you want more than anything to take a way there pain as I sit and watch my mom face this there is nothing more I want then to take a way her fear and pain from this.
My parents got divorced when I was 7,My mom raised 5 kids on her own while also getting a nursing degree to support us. my sisters all decided to leave home at an early age and for while it was just my brother and me, he served a mission then got married so it was just me and my mom. However, She did get remarried to the sweetest man on earth who is more of a father to me than my real one will ever be...
My mom has become such a STRONG women, I mean when she turned 60 she jumped out of an airplane, she travels all over and gets to see so many wonderful things, she is a very determined person and sometimes can't show her feelings as well as she would like and I know that is because for so many years she had to put her feelings on the back burner to take care of us! So mom I am saying this to you, all these years we have leaned on you for food,comfort,shelter & love... It is now your turn to lean on us!
The Lord has a way of making us stronger even when we feel so weak, sometimes all we have is our Faith and prayers and letting the Lord just carry our burdens and fears, I love you mom and can't wait to hug you ..........Until then know that we are with you.


3 comments:

Steph said...

Heath what sweet words to your mom. I love you and I love your mom and my prayers are with all of you. Let me know if any of you need anything!

bevany said...

Great post Heather. You're so sweet and I'm sure your mom can feel your love and care. I hope everything is going well. I wish I lived closer to help out but let me know how if I can do anything for you. I've been thinking about you guys!

Suzy said...

Your mom sounds amazing. I will be saying a prayer for her tonight.